2017 - 2018
ACS National Meeting in New Orleans – LGBTQ + Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholar Research Symposium
The ACS Division of Professional Relations is hosting its second LGBTQ+ Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholar Research Symposium at the ACS National Meeting. Contributed talks from graduate students and postdoctoral scholars are sought for the LGBTQ+ Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholar Research Symposium at the ACS National Meeting in New Orleans. The symposium will consist of scientific talks by graduate students and postdocs and will conclude with a panel discussion on issues that affect LGBTQ+ students and postdocs.
Partial reimbursement of registration/travel expenses will be provided to the graduate student and postdoctoral scholar speakers.
The symposium is sponsored by the Division of Professional Relations (PROF) and is so far cosponsored by ANYL, DIC, MEDI, ORGN, PHYS, ENVR, YCC, CWD, COLL, and CMA.
To submit an abstract:
1. Log in at: https://acsnm255.abstractcentral.com/login
2. Click on the submission tab and then click on "create new submission". Select Program Area: [PROF] Division of Professional Relations
3. Select Symposium: LGBTQ+ Graduate & Postdoctoral Student Research Symposium and Presentation Type: Oral Only
4. Fill in the Title/Body and Authors fields
5. In the Comments to Authors indicate whether you would be interested in participating in a panel discussion on issues that affect LGBT students and postdocs
6. Complete the Disclosures; Review & Submit
If you have any questions about the submission process or about the symposium, please email graduate student Mike Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org), who is Chair Elect of the Gay and Transgender Chemists and Allies (GTCA) Subdivision of the ACS Division of Professional Relations.
Conferences and Future Programs